Thursday, 12 August 2010

Face & Outfit Of The Day

Yesterday, I decided that a visit to the Mac store in Covent Garden was in order. I felt like my make-up collected required a new addition but had no idea what it was exactly that I needed/wanted...That was until I came across Nicola's post about Mac's Sable eyeshadow. That decided it for me. This was what I was going to buy and a few hours later, with my purse £11 lighter a shiney new Mac eyeshadow was in my bag and just waiting to be used today...

After the first use I am in love with this shadow - it's a gorgeous colour, really easy to blend and build up and the finish (a frost) is perfect - not too matte but without any glitter or shimmery fallout.

























































Make-up used:
Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer
17 Pressed Powder
Natural Collection Bronzing Pearls

Eyes:
Mac Sable (in crease)
L'Oreal Infinite Wear e/s - Golden Sunset (on lid)
Lancome Le Crayone Kohl - Black (upper lashline)
Company Build It/Lash It Mascara
Sleek Face Contour Kit - light (as a highlight)

Lips:
This Works Turbo Balm


Here's a closer look at the eye make-up - I used the free Company mascara for the first time today and I'm impressed! It took longer to apply than my usual mascara but I like how it made my lashes look long, definited and glossy. I applied one coat of the primer and one coat of the black mascara to achieve this look. Next time I think I'll apply a second coat of the black mascara to get a thicker look:


















Outfit:





















Top: Mango, Cardigan: New Look, Belt: Matalan, Shorts: Rokit, Socks: John Lewis, Brogues: Office

Today looked autumnal outside, but I'm still clinging onto summer and don't want to retire my summer wardrobe just yet so I added a long cardi to my summery top and shorts and swapped my sandals for black brogues and floral ankle socks.

How are you updating your wardrobe for autumn?
And what's your most recent make-up purchase?
I'd love to know :)
Share:

9 comments

  1. Ohh gorgeous eye shadow colour, and love the outfit :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the last item of make-up i bought was some things from Elf. There could have been something else but my memory is so bad that i cant even remember when the last time i went shopping in town was! Your new eyeshadow is lovely by the way, i wish i could afford Mac stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that outfit! It's so cute! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww sable looks so lovely on you - it really is a little pot of magic :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bought sable the other day? xxxxxxxxx and ur outfit is so pwetty

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey awsome blog!!! i love ur eyes crystal blue>...im a new follower! check out my blog http://glamorousglory.blogspot.com/ follow me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have amazing eyes xx


    MY FASHION BLOG FOLLOW ME

    www.haideeandco.blogspot.com
    www.haideeandco.blogspot.com
    www.haideeandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look really pretty :)

    I've given you an award!

    http://fudgesmoothiesmakeup.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig