Wednesday, 25 August 2010

ELF Haul & Reviews

A few weeks ago, I took advantage of the £1 delivery on eyeslipsface.co.uk to order some more ELF items - I think this was my third order from the brand. The products are great value and I've been really impressed with the quality of them so far.

I got:





















L-R: Eyeliner Brush, Total Face Brush, Daily Brush Cleaner, Small Brush Holder, Mineral Blusher in Joy

























I've been using the products for the past week so here's what I think of them:

Eyeliner Brush - this is from ELF's basic range so cost me £1.50. I've never had an eyeliner brush before so don't have anything to compare it to but I'm really impressed with this brush, the bristles are nice and firm and I've used it to apply my Sleek gel liner and to use dark eyeshadows as liners too.

Total Face Brush - I'd wanted this for a while and I love it! It's big, fluffy and really soft. I use this for applying my loose face powder and for lightening the finish when I use a pressed powder. I have had a few hairs falling out of this but I guess that's to be expected when it's new. I'm really glad I purchased this and think it'd be great for using with bronzer too.

Daily Brush Cleaner - I'm really lazy about cleaning my brushes so was delighted to see that this was back in stock as I'd wanted to order it last time. The bottle for this is huge - far bigger than I was expecting it to be so it'll last a long time. I've been using this on my eyeshadow brushes once I've finished applying my make-up so that they're clean for the next use. I just spray it onto a cotton brush and wipe the brush on it until its clean.

Small Brush Holder - can't really review this one, I just needed somewhere to store my brushes and this looked like a good bet.

Mineral Blush in Joy - I've been wanted to try a mineral blush for a while so picked up ELF's in Joy, the palest shade that ELF does. I'm always a bit wary with colour accuracy on beauty websites and didn't want to risk Aunt Sally cheeks....I'm now wishing I'd been a bit more daring as, lovely as this blusher is, it barely shows on my skintone and I'm quite pale. That said, it does give a nice healthy glow and I like how I can brush on quite a lot of the product without looking overdone (I love applying blusher). The packaging on this is pretty good and I've managed not to make a mess with it so far!
















With Flash





















ELF Mineral Blush on me.

What are your latest ELF favourites?
Share:

7 comments

  1. Total face brush is amazing!!Great haul hun!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blusher looks really nice on you, looks very natural x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blush is really nice on you. I love the Complexion Perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great items , i have that blusher its great isnt it. Looks so pretty on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Em - I love Complexion Perfection too - such a bargain and really nice to use.

    @ Nicoletta - thanks! I can't wait to try out some of the brighter shades too.

    @ Blushingloves - I don't know how I lived without the Total Face Brush until now...may have to order another next time...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a ELF hul the other day too! I want to try the brush cleaner, looks great! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig