Wednesday, 1 September 2010

1 Re-Discovery....Lots of New Looks

First of all, sorry for the pictures on my blog lately. After a few years of being dropped onto various surfaces, my camera has finally decided not to work. So while I ponder over which camera replacement to buy, I'm stuck with using the camera on my iPhone.

So, onto today's post. Last week I was re-organsing my make-up when I came across YSL's Tresor D'Afrique eyeshadow palette. I purchased this in the January sales and had forgotten about it. Whenever I first buy something, I always feel as if it's too nice to use at first which is really silly, look how beautiful it is:

























The shadows are really pigmented and completely matte. I apply them with the sponge applicators rather than an eyeshadow brush as I find this packs on the colour more and gives a stronger result. These are the first matte shadows I've used (most drugstore brands always seem to be shimmery) and I love them - there's no glittery fall-out on my cheeks and the darker shades look acceptable for day wear when they're not shimmery. My favourite shade is number 1 which is great as an all over lid shade while number 3 is a gorgeous purple which looks great on the outer corner and in the crease.

Here are a few looks I created with the palette. I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion as a base and Rimmel's 1-2-3 Looks Mascara in all the pictures:




















I'm so happy to have re-discovered this palette and know I'll be using these shades all autumn.

Have you re-discovered any lost make-up gems lately?
Share:

3 comments

  1. go for a canon.... i used to work in jessops *boke* the best cameras are about 200ish... mini ones i mean.. and if ur lucky ul get a good deal!

    I really need to rediscover some makeup! Ive been very natural in my make up recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Hearthandmade - thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking of spending around £200...originally I wanted an SLR but I'm far too scared of breaking it/not being able to use it properly! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that blue is lovely!
    im your new follower btw :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig