Sunday, 18 July 2010

Sunday Face & Hair





















I had a rather lazy Sunday today, popped to the shops this afternoon to purchase a house plant for my friend and a new eye make-up remover (review coming soon!). I also treated myself to a lovely iced soya latte from Costa and browsed the sales but couldn't find anything I liked and was keen to get home to continue reading Twighlight in the garden!

Face -
Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer - under eyes
17 Oil Control Powder - on nose and forehead
Sleek Face Contour Kit - the bronzer only
Nars Blusher in Nico

Eyes -
17 Beyond Bronze e/s on lid and under lower lashline
Rimmel 1-2-3 Looks Mascara - on setting 2
17 Defining Mascara

Lips -
Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Take A Chance - review below!

This mascara combination is amazing - I use the Rimmel product first, applying one coat to my upper lashes only. I then use the 17 mascara over the top, one coat on my upper lashes and one coat on my lower lashes:

















Finally, my hair. It wasn't looking its best today after being straighed on Friday and then squashed under my oh-so-flattering graduation cap at the ceremony. I sprayed on a little Batiste Original dry shampoo for texture, shoved it all in a high pony, backbrushed with my Mason Pearson brush (won in a Glamour competition a few years back!) and then pinned it around a bun ring (you can just see it peeping out in the photo). Lastly, I added a folded Celine scarf and pinned it in place with a couple of kirby grips:





















Taking a picture of your hair is surprisingly difficult.

How did you spend your Sunday?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Your hair looks really pretty like that! I have tried to do my hair in a high bun like that but it never seems to work :(

    I haven't done much this sunday, all i did was take my dogs for a walk. I do like a lazy sunday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your hair!
    scarf looks fabulous
    belle xx
    ellabellevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a real stylish girl. And your lashes are unreal, seriously. :D
    I've gone biking today. How surprising. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute and pretty! Love your hair like that too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the mascara and cute headband!

    i follow your blog now! feel free to check out my blog and follow too.

    http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah the bun ring and scarf! Loving both this summer!
    Looks fab, and how long are your eyelashes!!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your eyes !!! amazing mascara !!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig