Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Something a little different: The Green Monster

After reading on Victoria's blog about Green Monster smoothies I decided to give one a go myself. While the thought of drinking spinach first thing in the morning may not sound appealing, I gave one a go and I have to say now I am hooked! They're delicious and refreshing rather than being sickly sweet like some smoothies and it's great to know that you're starting the day with something so healthly. I'm a terrible cook but these are so easy to make and it's a great feeling to make something from scratch, even if it is so ridiculously simple!





















To make my Green Monster I grab a big mixing jug and put in:

2 handfuls of spinach
1 chopped banana
1 cup of soy milk
1 grated pear


I add the pear, spinach and soy milk first, blend it all with a hand-held blender, then add the banana before giving it a final whizz and pouring it over ice. Straw optional but it's always more fun drinking out of a straw!

Have you tried one?

There are lots of fab recipies here: http://greenmonstermovement.com/
Share:

3 comments

  1. I'm so trying these! After seeing it on Victoria's blog now yours, I'm giving them a go.
    Healthy and a funky colour. Yum!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still a tad sceptical about this whole spinach business to be honest.
    But I will give them a go, a great hangover cure I reckon.
    belle xx
    ellabellevintage.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kel - hope you like your Green Monster!

    @ Belle - I was sceptical about the spinach too but you really can't taste it in the drink. You could start off with less spinach and more fruit to make it sweeter and up the quantity of spinach as you get used to them?

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig