Saturday, 17 July 2010

Review: Rimmel Vinyl Gloss

I was recently sent a Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss as part of the Rimmel VIP program. Vinyl Gloss promises to be improved and better than ever offering up to 80% more shine and comes in 14 shades. I'm not usually a fan of lip glosses, I find them terribly sticky and impractical for daily life and when I wear lip products I tend to favour the matte look over shiney lips. However, as soon as I pulled this gloss out of the envelope I had a feeling that this gloss might be different...





















What Rimmel Say:

Rimmel’s iconic lip gloss, Vinyl Gloss, now comes with more pout, more shine, and more kiss. Its great shine magnifying formula uses boosted technology for voluptuously-pampered, perfectly-sculpted lips that are up to 80% shinier. Be sure to catch attention with up to 40% curvier lips – it’s the ultimate in glossy glamour.

With a stunning slick of Vinyl Gloss, lips feel as sensational as they look. For a non-sticky texture that glides on beautifully and stays on, you can wear it with sexy confidence. Create head-turning lips that are voluptuously full with this fabulous new Vinyl Gloss lip gloss.



Firstly, the colour:

I was sent "Take A Chance", a gorgeous nude shade with a very slight shimmer to it. Not at all glittery, just a nice glowy nude perfect for summer make-up.

Application:

The gloss comes in a standard-sized tube and has a doe foot applicator which means no sticky fingers! The packaging is simple and much more understated than some of Rimmel's other products.

Formula:

The gloss has a subtle vanilla-ish fragrance and no taste once its on my lips. The formula is very smooth and not thick or gloopy so scores well with me. The last time I used a lipgloss was back when Lancome Juicy Tubes were all the rage and it still makes me shudder when I think of the honey-textured formulas and sickly-sweet flavours.

This gloss isn't particularly long lasting, on me it lasts for around an hour before it needs reapplying but on the plus side, it fades without a trace (I hate the gunky line that some lip products leave behind)and doesn't dry out on my lips. The colour is so sheer that it can quickly be reapplied without a mirror.




























Would I re-purchase:

I probably would re-purchase this product, there are 14 differnt shades so there's bound to be another that would suit me and for £4.49 its a great budget buy. I've been using this everyday since I received it, either alone or over a nude lipstick. Looks like I've fallen back in love with lipgloss :)

To win one of 8,000 Vinyl Glosses, click here.

Disclaimer: This product was sent to by Rimmel. This is my honest opinion, as always.
Share:

4 comments

  1. great review:)
    im def off to try and nab a freebie xx
    belle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that really is a lovely subtle gloss - I can never bare to completely smother my lips in sticky, over-the-top glosses
    Ah I never seem to get lucky with the Rimmel contests but you never know (:
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a great product. Ill check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like nothing special...

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig