Friday, 23 July 2010

Review: Botanics Organic Nourishing Eye Make up Remover

On my quest to find the perfect make-up remover I came across this offering from Botanics:



What does it claim?

"A luxurious eye make up remover that melts into the skin, easily removing eye make up and leaving skin cleansed, smooth and velvety soft.

Olive Oil: A traditionally used cosmetic ingredient. Our high quality extra virgin olive oil is extracted by pressing the fruit of the olive. The resulting oil is rich in oleic acid to help nourish the skin and restore smoothness and suppleness"

What do I think?

The product comes in a squeezy tube which I really like - less chance of it spilling or leaking! The forumula is thick and balmy with a pale yellow colour with no fragrance which is ideal for the delicate eye area. The instructions suggest smoothing the product over your eyelids and lashes with fingertips and then adding water to transform it into a fluid milk before removing with cotton wool. I prefer to dampen my cotton wool pad and then apply it like a normal eye make up remover. The formula and method of application remind me of L'Oreal De-Maq Elixir Intense remover which I've used in the past (I'm not sure if it's still available) but this is better as its far less oily and doesn't leave a greasy film on my eyeballs (I like to be able to see properly immediately after taking my make-up off).




















Picture from Google
I've been really impressed with this product - it quickly and easily removes all my mascara and doesn't sting or irritate my eyes. I also like how I only need to use a tiny amount of the product so the tube should last me a long time (unlike liquid formuls that I seem to get through in a matter of weeks).

Would I repurchase?

At £3.99 for 75ml this is great value for money. It does the job of taking off my make-up quickly and easily and leaves my skin feeling soft. The only downside is that you need water for it to work properly so it wouldn't really be ideal for a festival or for make-up removing on the go but for a stay-at-home make up remover its ideal.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I'd be interested in trying the Botanics one as i've been using their eye makeup remover and really like it. Their products are really affordable too :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig