Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Project Bathroom & A Summer Top

I went on a walk around the City of London the other day, I love walking around that area in the day as it's so quiet and I always seem to see something new each time. There are a few shops dotted about in an area of mainly office buildings so I took a detour into New Look and picked up this checked crop top (although it's just a top on me as I'm only 5'1!) Using my student discount it was £12.60 and I think I'll wear it lots this summer. As I'm no longer a student I was pleased to see that my university card doesn't expire until the end of October - that's a good couple of months of discounted shopping I have left!





















Top: New Look
Pearl earings: Vintage

Make-up: I've been so boring with my make-up lately...It's too hot to bother with lipstick and hayfever has made my eyes so sore that I don't think they'll really appreciate experimenting with new products and new looks. My daily make-up has been -

Face: Elf undereye concealer
17 Oil Control Pressed Powder
Rimmel Hide the Blemish concealer
Mac MSF in Redhead

Eyes: L'Oreal Superliner liquid eyeliner
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara

Lips:
Boots SPF lipbalm

Can anyone recommend a good tinted SPF lipbalm? Something with a little bit of colour and a little more glamourous than Boots own-brand?

Finally, I've been doing well with Project Bathroom lately and recently got rid of a lot of empties:
















Clockwise from left:

Boots Fragrance Free Cleansing Wipes - really cheap and great for quickly taking off eye and face make-up.

No 7 Wipes
- my favourite facewipes. Really effective at removing make-up, gentle on my skin and I love how the pack seals properly preventing the wipes from drying out.

TRESemme Shampoo - this giant bottle lasted me for almost a year! It's designed for curly hair and is meant to help define and moisturise curls. I got this because I thought it might help enhance the very slight natural wave that my hair has and while I don't think it really made a difference in this respect it was a good everyday shampoo.

Superdrug Eye Make-up remover - this removed make-up well but was quite a harsh product on my skin. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this but it was only £1 so I'm glad I gave it a go.

Impulse Thrill purse spray - I got this as part of a pack a couple of Christmasses ago. Great for in my handbag to freshen up during the day.

DHC Toner - toner isn't something I reach for everyday so this lasted me over a year. This is a really great toner as it's alcohol free but still made my skin feel soft and fresh.

Palmolive shower gel - this was in my gym bag as I prefer to keep my "nicer" shower products at home. This smelled nice and was great value for £1.

Johnson's Holiday Skin - this is my third or fourth bottle of this! The colour suits my pale skin and I tend to use it all year round a couple of times a week. I have two more bottles of this in reserve as I think a while ago the packaging was changed and my Waitrose had them all in the "bargain bin" for 99p each so I grabbed a few bottles as my mum uses it too!

Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence perfume - this was part of a Christmas gift from a friend. Quite a subtle floral scent but great for everyday use and the small bottle was good for taking out with me in the day.

17 Pressed Powder - my HG powder. I don't like to wear a lot of make-up on my face but powder is an essential! I've tried so many brands, both drugstore and high end and yet always find myself going back to 17! This is a bargain for £3.49, one compact lasts me around 4-5 months and it has a big mirror which is great for touch-ups on the go.

What products have you finished lately? And which ones will you be re-purchasing?
Share:

7 comments

  1. i love your top!
    its so summery and lovely
    belle xx
    ellabellevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the product use up. I've just got a couple of bottles of the Tresemme, it's not a bad shampoo and lasts ages.

    Love the colours of the top, made me laugh with it not being a crop top as first designed!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top sweetie and well done with project bathroom hehe I should really join in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those No7 facewipes, I always try and get some £5 No7 vouchers and spend them on those...my stock is running low, eeek! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Laura - I'm really hoping for some new No 7 vouchers soon! I love their eye make-up remover too and it's such a bargain with the voucher. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous!! I need to try NO7 facewipes if they really work as well as you say they do.

    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig