Wednesday, 28 July 2010

July Favourites and Empties

I can't believe July is nearly over! I've had a really good month, mini-break to Milan, Graduation, mini break to er, Birmingham and generally enjoying post-uni life! I never normally get around to doing favourite posts but here are the products I've been loving this month:




















It's been so hot this month that I've not been wearing an awful lot of make-up...as well as the heat, I start work at 7am a few days each week so have been trying to speed up my routine as much as possible. My aim for August is to start being a bit more adventurous again - I'm getting bored of using the same products each day!

Anyway, on to the favourites:

Lancome Colour Fever Lipstick in 218 - the perfect pinky nude. This looks natural, doesn't dry my lips out and can be reapplied quickly without a mirror so it's perfect for work days.

Herbalife Cleanser - see review here. This makes my skin feel really fresh after a long, hot day.

L'oreal Solar Expertise - the only suncream I've found that doesn't make my skin break out.

Essie Mini Nail polish - this came free with this month's Tatler. I love the colour, it's so summery and the polish lasts for ages without chipping.

Nars Blusher in Nico - This gives my skin a nice healthy glow, is quick and easy to apply and can also be used as a highlighter. I've been avoiding blusher lately as it just makes me look hot and flustered which isn't a great look.

17 Eyeshadow in Beyond Bronze - I can't believe I still haven't hit pan on this, I've had it for years! This bronze shade suits my blue eyes and I've been reaching for it most days lately.

Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Take a Chance - read my review here. This is natural and non-sticky, great on its own or over the lipstick.

And now, the empties...




















Clinique Sparkle Skin exfoliator - I really liked this, it's gentle enough to use every day and leaves my skin feeling really tingly and clean.

Johnson's Eye Make-up Remover - I get through so much eye make-up remover, I liked this one but hated the packaging as for some reason, I couldn't use it without spilling it..

Clean and Clear Quick Clear Spot Treatment Gel - I wasn't a huge fan of this, it stung like crazy and was really drying...I think this would be better suited for oilier skin. On the plus side, it did help to clear up the occasional spots that I still get despite my teenage years being an (almost) distant memory...

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara - I loved this mascara. It lasted for ages before it finally gave up and dried out. I really liked how it gave thick, full, black lashes unlike so many mascaras which promise a lot and don't deliver. Despite my reluctance to re-purchase products, this is one that I probably will.

Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer - I really liked this, too. It was long lasting and a lovely colour - a greeny blue. It also lived up to it's claims of being waterproof so it's great for summer.

What have been your favourite products this month?
Share:

8 comments

  1. Good work on using up what you've got. :)

    I need to try that Nars blush, you always look like you've got a great healthy glow.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love finding out about other people's favourites! :) I've given you an award on my blog btw :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done on finishing all those products! I never seem to finish mine hehe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Voluminous! great postieeee :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some great products! My fave item this month has been the Maybelline Eyestudio gel eyeliner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol just wanted to say uve got a GREAT blog and so glad to be ur 150th follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Olivia - thank you :)

    @ Fern - I'm actually considering re-purchasing Voluminous which is SO rare for me!

    @ Perdi - thank you - I can't believe I've reached 150 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to try the Rimmel Vinyl Gloss, it looks very pretty on you. also, snap! same name :) x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig