Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Review: Cellnique D'sensi Cream & Contour De-Puffy Jewel

A couple of weeks ago I was sent some products to review by Cellnique.







































L-R: D'sensi Cream, Contour De-Puffy Jewel

I was sent D'sensi Cream. What Cellnique say:

A bio-curative formulation with Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract for extremely sensitive and delicate skin concerns. It calms discomfort and redness by neutralizing and protecting the skin’s reaction to harsh external conditions.
Benefits
• Anti-inflammatory and anti-irritation
• Soothes and calms skin sensitivity
• Nourishes skin by moistening, preventing dryness and aging



What is it?

D'sensi cream comes in a round glass pot, the texture of the cream is very light and doesn't feel at all greasy. The cream has no discernible smell which is great for me as I don't like using perfumed products on my face or products which, while not being perfumed, have a weird chemically smell!

What do I think?

I applied this as a moisturiser at night and before make-up in the mornings. It left a really smooth finish so would be great as a base for make-up. I have quite sensitive skin and this didn't break me out or make my skin red and irritated like other moisturisers have in the past. I have quite pink cheeks naturally due to my sensitive skin which get worse when my skin's hot or irritated. This product has definitely calmed the redness and unlike most moisturisers I've tried this has been one of the few that I've noticed enough benefits from to continue using it. I think this would be a great moisturiser for sensitive skin or for anyone wanting a light, easily absorbed moisturiser. If you have very dry skin then it may not be moisturising enough.

D'sensi Cream costs $54 and Cellnique offer free international shipping for orders over $50.


I was also sent Contour De-Puffy Jewel. Cellnique say:

With its unique combination of Acetyl Tetrapeptide Gold Dipeptide and Rhodochrosite Extract, this breakthrough eye formulation helps alleviate eye puffiness and dark circles by increasing blood circulation and deep moisture the eye areas. Consists SPF15 which protects skin from again UVA and UVB rays.
• Reduces puffiness and dark circles
• Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Strengthens and regenerates skin tissues
• Soothes, softens, and hydrates the delicate eye-area skin
• Sun protection with SPF15



What is it?

The first thing I noticed about this eye cream is how large the product is - most eye creams come in teeny tiny pots or tubes whereas this is a nice substantial size so will last a long time and it makes it good value for money. The pump applicator is nice as it keeps the product hygenic - although it did take a bit of practice to dispense just the amount I need as a full pump is far too much for one application.

What do I think?

This clear gel has no smell at all. I patted it onto my eye area at night and before make-up. The gel feels really fresh and a few seconds after applying it I could feel it toning and tightening my skin. This lasted for a few moments before the cream sunk in. I suffer from hayfever in the summer so my eyes have been quite puffy and irritated lately (not helped by the copious amounts of mascara I apply and having to remove it all in the evenings!), this product is very gentle and hasn't made the irritation worse. I also suffer from dark circles which due to my pale skin look like purpley yellow bruises before I've applied lots of light reflecting concealer! I think this product has brightened them a little. The only downside to it is that it's not very moisturising so I've been alternating it a bit with a richer eye cream when the skin around my eyes feels drier. I really like how this product contains natural ingredients and that it has SPF 15 as many eyecreams don't. I'm really paranoid about premature aging and fine lines around my eyes so it's great this this provides sun protection as well as helping puffiness and dark circles.

Here's my eye before using Contour De-Puffy:




















I'm wearing a No 7 Instant Radiance concealer and 17 Defining Mascara in this photo.

And here's one that I took today before putting make-up on:
















I can definitely see a difference - it's annoying how the flash bleaches out my skin a bit...it was really difficult to get a photo where the dark circles actually showed up but I think they have got less noticeable.

Contour De-Puffy Jewel is $54.

Over to you...

Cellnique are offering my readers a sample of Skin Action Sebum Gel, 3ml, for the first 20 readers who email their full name, address and blog url (if you have one) to fbfreesample@cellnique.com with the subject www.lilylipstick.blogspot.com.

If you send your blog's url you may get a chance to do a product review, too!

T&Cs: This offer ends one week after the date of this post. Sample will be delivered within 4-6 weeks.

Disclaimer: These products were sent to me by Cellnique for review purposes. All opinions are my own, as always :)
Share:

4 comments

  1. I have just sent the email. Hopefully i was one of the first few to email them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the offer thing! This is a great review :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your tips!!


    Anna Katrina
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review! There is a real difference in ur before an after pics, sounds like a good product!x

    http://sugarbabyxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig