Friday, 18 June 2010

My First Paint Pot!

I ventured in to the Mac store this week planning to treat myself to a new Mac purchase. Nothing particularly grabbed my attention at first (the To The Beach collection was really pretty but nothing screamed "you need me!" so I bypassed that) and found myself looking at the Paint Pots. I've never tried cream eyeshadows before, apart from an incident long, long ago with a Maybelline baby blue cream shadow in a tube that comes to mind for all the wrong reasons...So, after opening all the little glass pots, comparing the colours and generally being indecisive I settled upon Rubenesque.
















I love golden bronze eyeshadows, they bring out my blue eyes, don't ever clash with my outfit colours and look great for day and night so I stuck within this colour scheme. The Paint Pot was £13 and it looks like it'll last forever as the pot is really big.

Rubenesque is a really pretty, warm golden bronze. Here's what it looks like lightly swatched:




























I apply it with my finger tip as I find that this is the best way to distribute the colour. I'm not usually a fan of make-up that you stick your fingers into (bit of a germ phobia going on here!) but as I'll only be using this is the mornings when applying my make-up with clean hands then it should be ok. I applied it over Urban Decay Primer Potion and it went on really smoothly. The colour can easily be build up to a stronger shade. I applied it all over my lid and for this EOTD applied powder shadow on top. I really like how it made my shadow pop more and it lasted all day long with no creasing. The Paint Pot also seemed to make my shadow stick to my lid better as there was no fall out even at the end of the day:

































Products used:

No 7 Instant Radiance Concealer
UDPP
Mac Paint Pot in Rubenesque
L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eyeshadow in Golden Sunset
17 Solo E/S in Beyond Bronze(My favourite budget eyeshadow)
L'Oreal Superliner in Carbon Black
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara



Have you tried Paint Pots? What shades are your favourite? And how do you apply them?
Share:

6 comments

  1. this makes me want rubenesque paintpot so badly! i've got painterly but only use it as a base, this would look lovely on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh congrats on your first PP! .. I bought Soft Ochre first, just to use as an eye primer and it works amazingly! Just got Barestudy and haven't really played around with it that much yet, but think I'd be more inclined to wear it alone, or as a main colour than the Soft Ochre .. This ones gorgeous though, may be my next! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint Pots are excellent as base and they don't crease so I don't think the base is necessary. :D I use a concealer brush (MAC 194) to put the product on my eyelids then I even out/smudge on my lids with the tip of my finger. That way I have never put my fingers in my paint pots, just a clean brush. =)

    (your eyebrow is perfect)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!!!I need one too!!!Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love mac !!
    i have a giveaway in my blog come on see if you want !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Laura - I nearly got Barestudy! I think I'll get it next :)

    @ Jellynat - thanks for the tip, I really need to invest in some more make-up brushes! I used the Paint Pot today without the UDPP and it lasted just as well :)

    @ Lily nail - wow, that's an amazing giveaway! I love Haribo so much :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig