Tuesday, 8 June 2010

FOTD: Day-time Dramatics

We all know the "rules", right? Strong eyes OR strong lips. Smokey eyes are for night time only. I'm sure there are many other beauty "rules" out there. Break them!

Here for daytime I paired a soft smokey eye with red lips - I really like this look. Dramatic but not over-the-top.























Make-up used:

Face -
No 7 Instant Radiance Concealer (undereyes)
Rimmel Renew and Lift Pressed Powder
Sleep Contour Kit in Light
No 7 Blush in Apricot (from my palette)

Eyes -
NYX Smokey Eye Palette
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara

Lips -
Clinique High Impact - Red-y to Wear

Do you like a dramatic look for the day?
And what beauty "rules" do you think should be broken?
Share:

3 comments

  1. I don't think there are any "rule" in make up - or if there are they shouldn't be considered. We should only wear what we feel like wearing, be ourselves, express our true self, our creativity. It's all a question of balance, style and personality. I wear black smokey eyes with neutral/sheer soft lips on daytime for years. My make up is probably too strong for some but it fits my personality and that is the only thing that matter.

    That being said, you did a lovely balanced everyday make-up - I love that lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the like how its all really subtle, its really really nice,

    This isn't a rule to break but i found about it, before you curl your eye lashes heat them up slightly with a hair dryer or something and then curl your eye lashes, the difference is shocking!! so so so good!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup always looks stunning! And this is no exception. I love the classic red lips with the subtly smoky eyes.

    I agree that there should be no rules - try everything once and if it looks wrong, don't do it again! :) x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig