Thursday, 13 May 2010

OOTD and my prize!

As I'm still waiting for summer to arrive, I'm having to be a bit creative with my outfits at the moment as I optimistically only bought summer clothes back to uni with me...Here is today's attempt at between-the-seasons dressing:





















Demin jacket: H&M
Waistcoat cardi: thrifted (originally Zara)
I ♥ Paris tshirt - from a tacky tourist shop near the Eiffel Tower (I'm also wearing Eiffel Tower earrings but you probably can't see them from the picture)
Shorts: Uniqlo
Grey tights: John Lewis
Shoes: M&S


I also was very lucky to win Jen's Temporary Secretary giveaway. I got in today to find my parcel of prizes had arrived and so promptly piled on all the accessories at once:





















Obviously, I would not actually wear them like this but I just wanted to try them all out and it's a good way to show you! How cute is the camera ring?!

Lastly, my make-up here is pretty simple.

Face: No 7 Instant Radiance Concealer, 17 pressed powder, Clinique All Over Colour in In Bloom
Eyes: Matte beige and brown shades from my YSL Tresor D'Afrique palette, shimmery brown from my No 7 palette, L'Oreal Superliner in Carbon Gloss, 17 Defining Mascara
Lips: Vaseline Rosy Lips
Nails: OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga


I was inspired by Holly's post this morning on how to create quick but gorgeous-looking eye-make up. I don't have any of the Mac shadows that she used but tried to create the same effect with a few of my own. I love how it's such a simple and quick look to create but still looks polished.

I'm trying to cut down on the time it takes me to get ready in the morning - I'm leaving home super early to get in as much library time as possible so a quick routine is really essential. On the other hand, I could never brave the library bare-faced and without my heels and a nice outfit - my getting ready time is really precious - it's the one time of the day where I really only think of myself and as selfish as that sounds, everyone needs a bit of "me-time", even when they do have scary exams next week. Eek! Back to the books I go...
Share:

10 comments

  1. Well done you!

    Like the outfit, the shorts are great. (I have one of those t-shirts - totally tourist, but fab!!)

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit, and pretty accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your denim jacket :) Thanks for following! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little pink teapot! So cute! :D
    You always have the cutest accessories. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your look is beautiful! I am also trying to reduce the amount of time I spend getting ready in the mornings... and therefore be able to sleep more!
    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog :)
    http://catanyasthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fab in all your prizes, but I'd suggest just choosing one... if you can! :)

    The camera ring was my favourite. So glad you're pleased! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally know what you mean about the routine situation :)
    And love the denim jacket :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want one of those tshirts!! I wore that topshop skirt in winter with a dark tshirt, dark purple long cardi and tan boots.. it worked ok! Just cant think of what shoes to wear with it in summer! or jacket for that matter. Wish i bought the dress version instead!!
    Thanks for commenting! Im getting the pastel blue 17 nail varnish on your recommendation.. the colour is so cute xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi pretty lady!

    Well done for winning the Temporary:Secretary prizes! They look fab on you.

    Lots of love
    Sarah @ http://www.temporary-secretary.com

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey hunni! i left you a little surprise on my blog check it out! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig