Tuesday, 4 May 2010

My Lipstick Collection

Last week, I finally got round to showing my mum my blog (after a lengthy explanation of what a blog is!). I think she liked it but she was surprised that my blog actually wasn't about lipstick at all despite being called "LilyLipstick". So, inspired by her comments, I decided to do a post featuring my lipstick collection.

My first though on assembling my collection was that I don't really have that many lipsticks...for my first two years at university I pretty much only used a L'Oreal "Made for Me Naturals" lipstick in "Nude" and before that I didn't really wear lipstick at all. So, here is the collection I've build up in the last couple of years:































L-R

1. 17 Sheer Moisture in Balmy Beige -

I love the colour of this but it's not particularly long-lasting. I'm using it a lot at the moment though as it doesn't dry my lips out and looks natural enough to wear for days revising in the library!

2. 17 Lasting Fix in Hot Chilli -

This has incredible staying power for a budget lipstick, I love how the colour is so vibrant and yet doesn't look out of place for daytime. I wear this with just mascara on my eyes to really make the colour pop.

3. Rimmel Lasting Finish in Amethyst Shimmer -

I don't reach for this often but whenever I do I like it despite it not being very long-lasting.

4. Natural Collection Moisture Shine in Pink Mallow -

A lovely shade but again, it doesn't last! Although it's only £1.95 so I can't complain too much.

5. ELF Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph -

I love this lipstick, the formula and colour are gorgeous and it's amazing value for money at £3.50. One of my favourite ELF products.

6. Mac Viva Glam Gaga -

Yes, I did buy this predominantly for the hype and Gaga associations but it's a really pretty pink and it smells gorgeous! It's not a shade that would suit everyone, I tend to only wear it at night-time so it's being a bit neglected at the moment but I imagine I'll fall in love with it again for summer evenings out.

7. Mac Satin Lipstick in Cyber -

This looks scary but it's actually quite wearable. I bought it when I was in NYC for my 21st birthday from Macy's so I'm always reminded of my visit whenever I use this. It's great for evenings it lasts really well. It can also be applied very lightly and topped with clear gloss for a less dramatic finish.

8. Clinique High Impact Lipstick in Red-y to Wear -

My favourite red. This really suits my pale skin and is matte without being drying. I go through phases when I wear red lipstick constantly and this is one that I shall definitely re-purchase when it runs out!

9. Ruby and Millie Pearl Lipstick in Orange -

I bought this last time I had a £5 No 7/Ruby and Millie voucher as I'd never tried any of their make-up before. This is a more wearable shade of the 17 orange lipstick although I think I need to get a little bit of a tan before I start reaching for it more often.

10. Lancome Colour Fever in 218 -

This is a great cross between a nude and a pink. It's a "my lips but better" colour on me and I use it when I want to look natural but like I've put in some effort! It's perfect for work and I love the packaging too!


I hope you've enjoyed the glimpse into my lipstick collection! Do you have any of these? What's your favourite lipstick?
Share:

4 comments

  1. oooh, I've been trying to get hold of the ELF natural lippie for an age now, but it always seems to be sold out or 'coming soon' when I go on! :(

    I do love a good nude, and would thoroughly recommend GOSH darling ~ it's on my FOTD on my blog today. A little superdrug find, great colour, soooo creamy!

    enjoying your blog, quite new to the whole bloggy thing and just started following you recently ~ feel free to have a peep at mine

    a x

    girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i love the elf colour No5. i really need a nude lipstick. Great collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot! Great collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ girlinthecity - Gosh Darling is on my lipstick wishlist! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig