Sunday, 25 April 2010

Review: Johnson's 3 in 1 Eye Make-Up Remover

In my continuing quest to find the perfect eye make-up remover, I picked up a bottle of Johnson's 3 in 1 Eye Make-Up Remover while doing some food shopping with my mum. It was only £3.05 and so slippped unnoticed into the shopping trolley!





















Johnson's say:

Make sure you are taking proper care of the skin around your eyes with JOHNSON’S® 3in1 Eye Make-up Remover Lotion. The two layers blend together to work in 3 ways for beautifully clean skin. Gently removes all eye make-up, even waterproof mascara, conditions lashes and cares for the delicate eye area in one go. Whist the lotion is tough on eye make-up; it is suitable for use on the most sensitive skin thanks to its gentle, fragrance-free formula.

What do I think?

The 2 layer liquid formula is similar to that of the Clinique, Botanics and No 7 eye make-up removers that I've used in the past. This one is not as oily as Botanics and does a good job at quickly removing the several coats of mascara that I apply to my lashes on a daily basis. I only needed to use one cotton pad for each eye and didn't wake up with panda eyes in the morning. As you'd expect from a Johnson's product, the formula is very gentle and it doesn't sting my eyes like the budget Superdrug one can.

But...

The biggest let-down of this product, for me, is the packaging. It's very flimsy and I seem to spill it every time I use it! The bottle and top would definitely not withstand travelling - I'd be really worried about the product leaking over everything in my suitcase. However, for using at home, this is a great bargain and I'll definitely re-purchase it!

LilyLipstick rating:

4/5 - great price, fantastic product - shame about the flimsy packaging but for an everyday eye make-up remover it's great!

Have you tried this product? What's your favourite eye make-up remover?
Share:

5 comments

  1. Havent try this one!But thanks for the revirew!!I need an eyemake up remover!I'm surely going too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rubbish at using a proper eye make up remover... maybe I should start and purchase this? Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks for the info! haven't try this one. i like that it is quite similar to Clinique. and yes, i can tell that the packaging is a bit off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this has been discontinued

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loreal have a great remover. similar to Cliniqu's one and a lot cheaper- it's a blue oil and water liquid and it removes all my makeup quickly and easily. def worth a try

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig