Thursday, 8 April 2010

New Product Round-up!

Hi everyone,
I've been a bit absent from my blog lately - I have my final year university exams coming up so most of my time has been devoted to revising, hence the lack of outfit/make-up posts!

I thought I'd show you some of the new products I've bought lately (not many, I'm trying my best to use what I have):
















Top row -

Mark Hill Heat Protection Spray

My old heat protection spray ran out ages ago - finally got round to buying a new one! I usually get the travel-sided versions of hair products as it takes me a long time to use them up and it's a great way to decide whether you actually like a product rather than buying the full sized and being stuck with it if you don't like it! I've been using this spray each time I've dried my hair and I really like it - for me, the best feature of this product is that it has no/very little fragrance. Unlike other heat protection sprays I've used this don't have any styling properties such as shine or increased hold so it's also great to use along with other styling products. It's very light and doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down which is also great.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Scrub

I bought this after trying, and loving, a sample sachet of it in Glamour magazine. This scrub really does leave my skin feeling invigorated and tingly and so really, really clean! I use it once per week as it is formulated for oiler skins than mine but I can imagine I'll use it more as the weather gets hotter and my skin gets oiler. It really does live up to its promises and I'd definitely recommend this - it was a bargain too at £3.49 - Boots had a special offer on when I went to buy it!

Rimmel Renew and Lift Powder

Face poweder is an essential for me - it's the only face make-up I wear so as soon as I hit pan on the powder I'm currently using, I buy a new one! I decided to make a change from my usual 17 pressed poweder and was seduced by the pretty packaging of this Rimmel product. There's a mirror and a sponge underneath the powder so it's an improvement on their previous powder offerings which in my opinion had rather cheap-looking packaging and no mirror so not ideal for on-the-go touch-ups. I haven't started using this yet but I'll let you know what I think of it when I do!

17 Lash Defining Mascara


I'm currently using L'Oreal Voluminous but haven't been getting on with it too well - the brush is quite big and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to apply it without getting mascara on my eyelids! I settled on this 17 Mascara and I much prefer it - the brush is a plastic type and its much smaller then the Voluminous brush so no mess! I have to apply a few coats of this to get the look I want but it doesn't flake or smudge at all and is easy to remove.

Urban Decay Primer Potion

After reading about this on many, many blogs I just had to get one for myself and see if it lived up to the hype. Firstly, I love the packging and the shape of the product (although minus points for not being able to see how much is left or being able to get to all the product with the wand). My first thoughts were that the product was very watery - it's a much thinner consistency then No 7's eye primer or Clinque's Touch Base. I have to say that at first I wasn't convinced that this would work as a base for eyeshadow...the product itself is lightly tinted but when applied to my eye lids it was invisible. I applied my eyeshadow as normal, using shades from my No 7 palette - the primer definitely made a difference - the colours stood out far more than on bare lids and by the end of the day the blending still looked perfect and the shadow hadn't settled in my crease at all! After a not so great first impression, I'm hooked on UDPP - it's amazing!


What new products have you loved lately?
Share:

11 comments

  1. I have loved l'oreal true match foundation :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scrub and i was wondering how much the rimmel powder was as i love rimmels other powder but is that one as cheap? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. urban decay is a great primer but the fact that the tube is shaped so funky pisses me off.. i watched a youtube video of a girl who figured out a way to get the excess out and it's AMAZING how much would go to waste if you just pitched it! i stopped buying it for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Neutrogena face products. This scrub is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lisa - The powder was £6.49 so it's a bit more expensive than the other poweders - I think their standard powders are around £3-4. I'll do a review post on it when I've used it a few times and know whether I like it or not!

    @ Kell - I've seen some UDPP de-potting posts/videos - I'm definitely going to have to attempt that with mine as I hate wasting products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That invigorating scrub is THEEEE best!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the Neutrogena scrub too! It's in my monthly favourites even!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back!
    I'm going to give that Mark Hill spray a go on your recommendation! thanks!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog, Lily; I found you through your recent comment on another site and I'm following now :)

    As for my recent product love, I've fallen head over heels for the Colossal mascara in Glam Plum - I've never seen this colour anywhere before so I immediately bought it when I saw it in the shop as I love Colossal anyway ;) It's great - doesn't have vibrant colour at all, looks like brown black indoors, but I like it for the fact is so soft on the eyes, while black can be a bit harsh sometimes (even though I have brunette hair and dark eyes). It makes my eyes look greener even though you can't notice it's purple, too.

    When the sun shines you can see a delicate violet tint to it - well, what can I say, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really good idea to get the travel size - also to get to know a product.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Neutrogena scrub is fab. My face always feels so fresh and tingly ater using it!
    And UDPP is always a staple in my makeup bag! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig