Wednesday, 28 April 2010

E.L.F. Order

After reading about a free delivery code on *Peonies and lilies* I couldn't resist placing another order with ELF. This was my third order - I've been really impressed with all the products I've purchased in the past and as the products are £1.50 for the standard line and £3.50 for the Studio or Mineral products they're a guilt-free treat too.
















I'd been wanting a Kabuki brush for ages and the ELF one seemed like it was worth a try for £3.50. The brush is larger than I thought it'd be - I've pictured it next to the All Over Colour Stick for comparison. The bristles aren't as soft as some of the higher end brushes (I've tried Bare Minerals' Kabukis and a Mac one in store make-overs) but the brush is good quality and the bristles are densely packed. I used it this morning to apply my Mac MSF bronzer and was really impressed - the brush picks up a nice amount of product without "disturbing" the product at all (I hate it how some brushes turn a nice blusher or powder into a complete mess and in so doing waste lots of the product) and gave a nice even application - a few sweeps and I was done!

















I've yet to try the mascara but the brush looks great - I like small brushes as I find they give me much more control. This one looks similar to 17 and the Body Shop's defining mascaras. I'll do a proper review once I've given it a few tries.
















After hearing me rave about some of my ELF products, my mother wanted in on ELF too! She liked the sound of the All Over Colour sticks so I ordered her one in Golden Peach (I have Pink Lemonade) which looks like a nice summer-y shade and should suit most skin tones. I really like the smell of the All Over Colour sticks - normally I hate scented cosmetics but these smell lovely! My mum also wanted a new lipstick so we chose a Mineral Lipstick in "Nicely Nude" - I'm really impressed with Natural Nymph but think that Nicely Nude is a better choice for my mum as it's less of a skin-toned nude and is much warmer.




















I'll let you know what she thinks of the products!

Did you take advantage of the free delivery code? I'd love to know which ELF products you've loved lately!
Share:

10 comments

  1. I love their mineral lipsticks - the formula is excellent and they are so comfortable. So far, "Pouty Petal" is my favorite (it's their coolest toned shade). I also love the Royal Purple polish, the color is gorgeous: it's a true winner! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want that Kabuki- its so cute :) That lipstick looks very pretty too
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I need a kabuki brush! Too bad we don't have ELF in here, and shipping would cost me around $16, which is crazy! -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ELF stuff, although word of warning, don't try the lashes. I got a refund on mine after getting a 'dodgy batch' shame as I love everything else I've ordered.
    The primer is amazing.

    X x

    p.s I've moved!!
    http://hairadviceandallthingsnice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try one of the all over colour sticks - may have to make a cheeky order :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great buys!
    i love the colour of the lipstick i really need some nude colours to wear from day to day, that colours looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ELF stuff, Nicely Nude is one of my favourite lipsticks! Natural Nymph is ALWAYS sold out when I'm placing an order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of that lipstick! Hope you're enjoying using your new products, please follow me on my blog? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ELF, I always find something I want from them and they're brilliant for free delivery codes too :)
    I have Natural Nymph although I dont wear as much as I should even though its such a lovely colour :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this review! Ive seen ELF a few times but have been wary of ordering it as i hadnt heard of anyone who had used their products, now im gonna go buy some! :)
    vicki xo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig