Saturday, 6 March 2010

Pearls and Pastels

The beautiful sunny weather over the past few days has inspired me to introduce a little more colour into my outfits. I also decided to have another go with false eyelashes - I bought Eyelure's Girls Aloud "Kimberly" lashes from Boots (I'm not really a Girls Aloud fan but they were reduced to £3.50 and the Kimberly lashes looked nice - long and thick but still quite natural looking).

Here is the resulting Face and Outfits from last night:










































Make-up used:

Face

No 7 Instant Radiance Concealer
17 Translucent Pressed Powder
Sleek Face Contour Kit
Mac Mineralize Blusher in Dainty

Eyes

NYX Glitter Cream Palette on eyelids
Bourjous Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Brun
Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara
"Kimberly" Lashes

Lips

Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Pink Mallow

I also tried out a wash-in, wash-out colour on my hair (haven't used one of these for years!!). I've been getting a bit bored with my hair colour, the lack of sun has made it a dull mousey brown but I'm hesitant about actually dying it...I used to dye my hair black every two weeks so feel like I'm done with hair colouring now that I've gone back to my natural colour and could also do without the upkeep and roots! However, I bought a Superdrug wash-in, wash-out colour a few weeks back and gave it a go yesterday. I chose a copper-y shade and left it on for 10 minutes in the shower. I think it has made a little bit of different:





















I still have half the bottle left (it was only 97p - bargain!) so will apply it again next time I wash my hair. It's defintely made my hair shinier.

Finally - my outfit!






















Pearls - Accessory Crossing @ Boots
Tshirt - H&M
Skirt - Topshop (bought in the January sales - £32 reduced to £5!)
Tights - H&M
Share:

6 comments

  1. Hello darling, lovely blog! Love those lashes on you, they look amazing! And your outfit is cute too, I love high-waisted skirts! Have a lovely weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your makeup, you look really fresh faced and the outfit is gorgeous!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is pretty!!! And those lashes look fab!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eyelashes look great on you! Love the skirt too - what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skirt is great, lovely shape. Love those pearls aswell.
    I'm started to get quite addicted to lashes. Those look great.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls!
    @ Kel - the skirt was such a fun shape to wear! Although not very easy to sit down in!

    Now I just need another excuse to wear the lashes...my eyelashes felt so bare without them the day after! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig