Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Out with the old...

My Project Bathroom is going well - these are the products I've finished this month:





















Clockwise from top:

No 7 Cleanse and Care Eye Make-up Remover

I really liked this product - it took of all my mascara quickly and easily and left my skin feeling smooth and not oily like the Botanics verion did. My only complaint is that I had to use loads of it each time so the product didn't last very long - if I used it daily I think it'd only last me a fortnight or so which isn't too great considering it's usually £7. (I got mine for £2 with a No 7 voucher)

I'm currently using DHC Cleansing Oil to remove my eye make-up which is working well even thought its not meant as an eye make-up remover specifically.

Time Delay Toning Water

I loved this toner. Sadly since purchasing it, Boots have re-designed the entire Time Delay range and so this no longer exists. Even though it's marketed as an anti-aging toner I think this was really suited to oily skin - I used it on my nose and forehead whenever my skin felt oily and it did a great job of zapping shine without drying out my skin.

Aussie Frizz Miracle Conditioner

I bought this product over a year ago - it's taken me ages to use it up as I'm not a massive fan of it. It didn't really reduce frizz in my hair and the conditioning effects weren't that noticeable. I think it'd be better suited to fine frizzy hair as it didn't do much for my dry mid-lengths and ends. As a result this was banished to my gym bag and so I only used it when having a quick hairwash at the gym!

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

I got this product as part of a Clinique Bonus Time promotion. I'd never tried a Clinique facewash before, only their 3-step which I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with. This facewash is designed to be used before the 3-Step routine. I just used it as a standard facewash, after taking off my eye make-up and removing my face make-up with DHC Cleansing oil. I really liked this product - it foamed up well and left my skin feeling really clean but not at all dry. I'd definitely re-purchase this. (The bottle is rather unceremoniously cut in half in order to scrape out as much product as possible - as much as I love finishing products I hate wasting them!)

Superdrug Colour Effects Wash-In Colour

This was the wash-in colour I used a few weeks back. I got about 4 applications out of this little bottle and it made a noticeable difference to my hair colour while also making my hair really soft and shiney. Not bad for 97p!


What products have you finished this month?
Share:

8 comments

  1. Yey, congrats on using up some stuff! I'm also on a "finishing all of my products" project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I find that instead of having project 10 pans, I just refuse to collect redundant skincare items. If I already have a face wash, I use it up and then buy a new one, etc. That way I keep buying something new almost every fortnight, and its always something I need so no guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god cant remeber the last time i finished a product, i get bored with the majority of my products so just buy more lol, i like the sound of the superdrug wash in colour though, may have to give a whirl now ive gone back to dark locks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ashwini - that's a great idea - I love treating myself to new products but always feel really bad when I come home to a whole cupboard of things waiting to be used up!

    @ Kayleigh - I've been trying to buy smaller sized products as it stops product boredom means I get to try more things out! The Superdrug wash-in was great, I'd definitely recommend it and I still can't believe how cheap it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for finishing so many products. I love the No 7 eye make up remover, I must be on my 5th bottle now, such a great product and so cheap with those vouchers! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished quite a bit too, and re-bought it all! I'm very impressed with the Boots Original Formula range, and I love Organic Surge face wash too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jen - I love the packaging of the Boots Original Formula range - it's so cute! Glad to hear that the products are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting post, thanks for sharring

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig