Sunday, 7 March 2010

Gaga-Inspired

Hope everyone's having a lovely Sunday!

I just watched "Friday Night With Johnathan Ross" on iPlayer, Lady Gaga was one of his guests - she looked amazing (as always) and she seemed really sweet when she was being interviewed - I loved her telephone hat!

Anyway, I thought I'd share my Gaga-Inspired outfit that I wore to my friend's birthday last week.

Firstly, the hair bow:





















I have neither enough hair nor enough expertise to make a bow from my hair but this black lace bow from Miss Selfridge does the trick nicely enough! It was reduced to £1 in the sale so a bargain too! It's on an elastic band so took about 2 minutes to put it in place and then clip down the loose parts of the bow so that it was shaped to my head rather than just flopping about like rabbit ears!

Make-up:

I kept the focus on my eyes using my NYX Smokey Eyes Palette with Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Emerald Sparke. I like how the blue liner brightens up a smokey eye - I'd had a long day at uni already and felt that the smokey shadows by themselves made me look more tired so the blue definitely helped brighten up the look.

I used Mac Mineralize Blush in Dainty on my cheeks and Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Pink Mallow on my lips. I really like the shade of this lipstick - it's such a pretty pink but the fomula of the Natural Collection lipstick isn't great - it has a tendency to crack and isn't very long lasting (it was only £1.95 so guess I should expect too much really). Does anyone know of a better quality lipstick with the same shade? I'm thinking of taking it into Mac and seeing what it's most similar to!











For my outfit I wore a pair of dark blue sequin knickers from Topshop. I'm really glad I bought these - they are daring and there's a lot of occasions I think they would not be suitable for but with leggings underneath they are wearable and not that scary to wear once you get used to the look! I paired them with Primark leggings, Jones The Bootmaker shoes and a black body from ASOS:























I'd like to find another way of wearing these...does anyone else own a pair? How do you wear them? Topshop had a lot of these in the January sales so I'm thinking that a few people might have them lurking in their wardrobes somewhere!
Share:

9 comments

  1. Love this outfit!! those sequin pants are great!
    I love a hair bow, I've got a huge purple one from Dorothy Perkins I got for 50p.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your have the prettiest eyes I have ever seen :)

    I tagged you for an award on my blog

    http://fernlaura.blogspot.com/

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bow, you look so cute. I have some of the sequin knickers but haven't been brave enough to wear them yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a Gaga original!!! I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a loose fitting printed tee or even a baggy shirt with the sequin pants? Something really casual and laidback would look fab.

    I loved Gaga on Jonathan Ross. She was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Fern - thank you :)

    @ Jen - that's a great idea, it'd be great to be able to wear these in a more casual manner so I shall have to give that a try - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GaGa oo la la :)
    Love the look, its stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look great, i'm not too sure how else you could wear them, mayber with a long top over them so u just see hints of sparkle when you move?
    Rianna Bethany xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please follow my new blog on the link below and share your experiences with blogging bullying and show your support - http://clashingtime-anti-bullying.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig