Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Debenhams Delights

It's the last week of my university term so with the thought of the upcoming break and with the glorious spring weather, I found myself hitting Oxford Street yesterday after my lectures rather than coming home to study...I wanted to check out Debenhams for the UD Alice Palette and for the H by Henry Holland range. Alice had long sold out but I did pick up a bottle of UD Primer Potion which I cannot wait to try - my No 7 eye base has nearly finished and I've heard good things about the Primer Potion.

The H by Henry Holland collection didn't disappoint - the clothes are so well-priced and are so summery. While the range is quite "young" (it's modelled by Pixi Geldof) there are some lovely items that are really wearable as well as a few statement pieces for nights out.

I fell in love with the floral jumpsuit which I bought:




















I then checked out the Oasis concession and saw that the Rosalind Keep trompe l'oeil collection had gone on sale. I fell in love with a couple of the items a while ago but they were quite expensive - £40 for a tshirt seemed a little steep so I resisted but now that they were on sale...well, it's clearly meant to be! I ended up getting the navy blue oversided tshirt, I bought it in a size up as I wanted it to be baggy and relaxed-looking. It was reduced to £15 and it's really great quality - the tshirt fabric is thick and stretchy (I hate bad quality, thin tshirts).





















I can't wait to wear both of these items! I'm thinking that the jumpsuit might have to be saved for when the weather's slightly better and for when I'm a little more tanned though!

In other exciting news, this morning I popped into Mac on the off-chance that Viva Glam Gaga hadn't yet sold out. The SA had a hunt around the store and found me one - I was so happy! (Yesterday I completely forgot about the launch and I didn't want to buy it online). I bought it, dashed off to uni and went straight to the ladies' to put some on - I love it - the colour is really pretty and it's quite a sheer formula so you can build it up to as strong as you like. It's a lot more wearable than I thought it would be and as it's a Lustre it doesn't dry my lips out like some of the Satin Mac lipsticks do. I'll post some photos of it up soon! x
Share:

5 comments

  1. Such cute buys! I love the floral jumpsuit - perfect for those summer days I hope we have ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That playsuit is lovely, great for summer (fingers crossed we get one!) I can see it being worn through winter though, loads of layers. :)
    Glad you had a successful trip!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I'm so glad I got the playsuit - I've wanted one for ages but this is the only once I've found that's suited me. I can't wait to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow i love the playsuit too!! (:

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig