Friday, 12 March 2010

All Dressed Up!

Just thought I would do a quick post of my hair and make-up from Wednesday night. It was my university Athletic Union's ball so another chance for me to wear my hair bow! I also gave the "Kimberly" lashes another go - this time I snipped a couple of lashes off the inner corners and they were much more comfortable. After 5 minutes I forgot that I was wearing them - progress!

For my hair, I backcombed it in small sections, spraying hairspray at the roots until it all stood up like this:





















I then smoothed the top layer over to hide the mess and clipped the bow into place. My hair did deflate a little throughout the night bit it still looked big at the end of the evening and the texture really helped hold the bow in place.

As for make-up, I kept my face quite natural (more because I was short of time than for any other reason!) I used my Sleek Face Contour Kit on my cheeks and my NYX Smokey Eye Kit on my eyes but stuck to the lighter colours. I then added the Kimberly lashes and used E.L.F Natural Nymph lipstick with a Benefit "Her Glossiness" lipgloss on top to stop my lips looking too dry.

Here's the finished look:





















And here's me on the dancefloor! Not a great photo but it's the only one where you can see my dress properly! The rest were all taken when we were sitting down at the table.

Share:

3 comments

  1. You looks really nice :) Love your hair thingy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress looks lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig