Saturday, 27 February 2010

NYX - First Purchases!

After reading a few blog posts featuring NYX make-up, I was intrigued. I could only find the range to buy online and I'm not keen on shopping online for make-up - I like to have a play around with the products first before I hand over the cash!

Last week I took a trip to Harrods as I had £5 of reward points to spend so this seemed like a good enough excuse for a shopping trip! After being uninspired by Mac (couldn't find anything I liked that I didn't already have and the staff were really unhelpful despite me being the only person browsing the counter) and Benefit (£23.50 for a cardboard box of blusher didn't seem like great value) I headed to the 4th floor which stocks the "young trend" brands. To my delight, there was an NYX counter with so many amazing products - I felt like a child in a toy shop. Despite wanting to buy pretty much everything I settled on two products: a Somkey Look Kit and a Glitter Cream Pallet.























I've used the Smokey Look Kit almost everyday since I purchased it - I love it! The range of shades is great and they're strongly pigmented and have just the right amount of shimmer. For daytime I've been using the gold-y shade with the browny-grey shades in the crease and for nighttime the colours can be built up for a more intense look.

The are also two lip colours in the slide out drawer - a nude peach and a baby pink shade. These are nice for touch-ups and both the shades are quite neutral so would suit most people, however, I don't think I'll use these so much as the kit is clearly focussed on the eyes. There are also eye and lip applicators in the kit which could be useful for touch-ups but I've been useing my Ruby and Millie and ELF brushes.

I love this kit so much - it was around £12 and I like how there's a range of shades in such a small compact. It takes me forever to use up eyeshadows so the small amount of each shade shouldn't be a problem.

Here are some pictures of me wearing the eyeshadows:





















As for the Glitter Cream Pallet, I haven't had the chance to use it yet as it's a bit too much for daytime. I'm probably too old for glitter but the pallet is so pretty that I couldn't resist it! I love bronze-y shades on my eyes so hopefully this will be great for night-time looks. This pallet was £8.95.

Has anyone else tried NYX products? What else from the range should I check out?
Share:

4 comments

  1. The glitter palette looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to use it - the colours are so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do u know if anywhere else in London sells NYX?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Fibrefrog - Harrods is the first place I've ever seen it in the UK. I can't even seem to access the NYX website though to look up store locations. Hopefully it'll become more widely available soon as it's a really great range.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig