Saturday, 20 February 2010

A Day At The Races!

I went to Ascot today - it was so much fun! I loved getting all dressed up in the middle of the day (although I did get some funny looks on my walk to the station - hopefully people didn't think I was returing from last night!)

I braved the cold in a Dorothy Perkins black shift dress - I customised it by swapping the plain back ribbon lace with a string of fake pearls from the John Lewis haberdashery, Dune shoes and fascinator from good old M&S:



















Excuse the mess in my room please!

Close-up of the dress:















I kept my make-up natural as I wanted the hat to be centre stage:



































I used:

Face -
No 7 Instant Radiance Conceler
17 Translucent Powder
Sleek Face Contour Kit

Eyes -
No 7 Eyeshadows from my pallette (gold and pale pink)
L'Oreal Volumous Mascara

Lips -
Clinique High Impact Lipstick in Red-y To Wear
Share:

8 comments

  1. Lovely dress and your eyes gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is so cute! And you have amazing eyes (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! The pearls look great, and the fascinator is lovely.
    Hope you had a good day!

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you look gorgeous! So burlesque, yet classic! And your makeup is stunning. Those eyebrows are perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so good! The pearls were a really good idea, they make the dres look really quirky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great outfit!!!nice blog! :D I LIKE IT

    I follow you, i hope you follow me toooo????

    i`m happy if you follow me toooo with bloglovin ;)

    kisssss from germany ;*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you changed the dress it looks really pretty as do you! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love your flower head piece. and yes you are right about the make up, i love the simple yet very elegant look all in all. and you are so creative with changing the ribbons to pearls. the dress looked more interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig