Monday, 15 February 2010

40 Beauty Questions

I saw this on Netty's blog and thought I'd give it a go :)

SKINCARE


-How many times do you wash your face daily?
Morning and night


-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Dry in the winter, oily in the summer.


-What is your current facial wash?
Clinique's Foaming Facial Wash.


-Do you exfoliate?

I don't like facescrubs but I use Clinique's Clarifying lotion a couple of times per week if my skin's feeling a bit oily.


-What brand do you use?
I switch between skincare brands a lot but I like Clinique, Garnier and Neutrogena - they're the ones I go back to the most.


-What moisturizer do you use?

Clinique superdefence at night time. Nothing in the day unless it's sunny when I use a L'Oreal facial suncream instead of moisturiser.


-Do you have freckles?
A couple.


-Do you use eye cream?
Yes, a Boots Time Delay one at night and Garnier Regenerist in the morning.


-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No, I sometimes get a couple of spots but nothing too bad *touches wood*


-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No


MAKE-UP


-What foundation do you use?
I don't use foundation - just translucent powder and concealer on my face.


-How about concealer?
No 7 Instant Radiance under my eyes, Rimmel Hide The Blemish on my face.


-Do you know your undertone color?
Pink.


-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I've only tried them once - it was a bit of a failed attempt but I loved how they looked so will be giving them another go!


-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, I probably change mine more than that - I seem to get through them very quickly!


-What brand of mascara do you use?
L'Oreal at the moment. Maybelline mascaras are always great though and I like Clinique ones when I want to spend a bit more money on one.


-Sephora or MAC?
I love Sephora - best part about holidaying in France!


-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?

No. I don't own that much Mac make-up...my collection is slowly expanding though!


-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
ELF brushes for blusher, concelear and bronzer. A Ruby and Millie eyeshadow brush.


-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, No 7 Shadow Base but I really want to get the Urban Decay Primer Potion.


-For the face?
I use a No 7 mattifying lotion before I put my make-up on.


-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
I have blue eyes so bronze-y shades suit me best - my favourite is probably 17's "Beyond Bronze" - it's so cheap but I love the shade and it's really pigmented.


-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Liquid if I'm going out, otherwise I don't wear eyeliner.


-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Haven't done that yet...


-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I like them but I never have time to put them on so they get neglected in the bottom of my make-up case :(


-Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes, I have Mac's Mineralize Blusher and Eyeshadow and an ELF mineral lipstick.


-What is your favorite lipstick?
Ready to Wear by Clinique.


-How about lipgloss?
I never use lipgloss - it's so stickly and I hate the way they smell!


-What is your favorite blush to use?
MAC Mineralize in Dainty or Barry M's in Terracotta.


-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?

No, I like to see the make-up in real life before I part with my cash!


-Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes, about half of my make-up is drugstore - I don't feel guilty treating myself to a few new drugstore purchases every now and then. I do like high end make-up though - I get so seduced by the pretty packaging...


-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)

Yes, I've been to the one in Bicester Village a few times and I love the duty free for stocking up on high end make-up.


-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
No.


-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I've had plenty of practice by now!


-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
When people apply too much Touche Eclat and end up with reverse panda-eyes...


-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Mostly neutral - I'm pale so colourful shades don't really suit me.


-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Dita Von Teese always looks amazing.


-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Mascara


-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes, but only if I'm going to the gym, going for a run or making a quick dask to M&S simply food!


-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I don't think I look awful, just younger, paler and tireder than I do with make-up!


-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I don't think there's one "best" line for everything but I'd be happy to own the contents of the Mac store...


-What do you think of Makeup??
It's fun - I really love applying it, shopping for it, writing about it, reading about it...life would be much duller without it!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I feel g8 after reading such good review..........well i would appreciate this.....coz i also love to do makeup....& to play with diffrnt colour's............

    bye....

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig