Monday, 4 January 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually make new year's resolutions but this year, I thought I'd make some beauty-related ones! I can use my blog to make sure I'm keeping track of them...

1. I will not waste money on make-up/skincare/hair products

Since coming home for Christmas I've been shocked at just how many products and how much make-up I have. I always take ages to use up anything so I really don't need a whole cupboard of shampoos and 4 different shower gels! This year I'm going to try to use up all my current products before I buy new things. I've had a BIG clear-out of old make-up and products that I don't like so hopefully I'll rediscover some old favourites and some new make-up looks in the process!

2. I will drink more water

I used to be so good at drinking lots of water but lately I've been awful...I'm addicted to Diet Coke so plain water always seems really unappealing and when it's cold outside drinking gallons of water doesn't really seem necessary BUT we all know how important water is for looking and feeling good so I'm going to make a big effort to drink more water and green tea and less of my beloved Diet Coke.

3. I will find my perfect moisturiser

I've always been really scared of putting moisturiser on my face incase it makes me break out but lately my skins been getting drier and at the ripe old age of 22 I think that moisturiser really should be part of my beauty routine. In 2010 I really hope I can find one that I like, that doesn't make be break out and that is affordable.

4. I will look after my nails

I'm so envious of girls with nice, natural nails. Mine have been awful lately so I think a little TLC is needed to get them looking their best. I had my first manicure lately and I'm saving my pennies for another when I next have a special occasion or feel in need of some pampering. In between now and then I'm going to set aside a bit of time each week to give myself a manicure and try to keep my nails looking presentable.

Here's to a beautiful 2010! What are your beauty resolutions?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig