Friday, 2 March 2012

Thick & Fast

I'm a huge fan of Soap and Glory's bath products but had no idea that they had a make-up range until quite recently. I haven't heard an awful lot about the products so couldn't resist purchasing last month's Elle for the free S&G mascara. I'm not sure how I feel about the brand's foray into make-up. Surely there are already enough brands out there and make-up is a pretty different animal to bath products...isn't there a case for sticking to what you know?

The make-up is priced around the same as the more expensive "drugstore" brands (I cannot bring myself to say the word "drugstore" out loud but I can't think of anything better for blog purposes) and the mascara retails at £10.

Photobucket

My first reaction was "EUGH". I hate huge mascara brushes. I really wanted to dislike this mascara but at least the magazine entertained me for a few hours so I didn't feel too bad about it all. When I eventually got round to trying the mascara, I was pleasantly surprised. Although the brush is huge, it was really easy to control and only took a few coatings for my lashes to look nice and thick. The formula is actually quite dry which I wasn't expecting either. Despite this, my lashes ended up looking soft and fluttery and the big brush surprisingly didn't deposit blobs of mascara all around my eye area. Twelve hours later the mascara was holding up well, no flaking or smudging (although, really, it's 2012, no mascara should EVER smudge by now).

Have you tried this mascara? Or any other S&G make-up?

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I tried to use this but the brush size really put me off, I nearly poked my eye out!
x

Mademoiselle Lala said...

The big brush is scary but actually ever since I've first tried it - I'm using it everyday! :) X

mademoiselle-lala.com

Courtney said...

the brush does look so daunting, but from what you've said about it puts me at ease. Looks greta on you too xx

LilyLipstick said...

I was so freaked out when I first saw it, I always try to have a look at mascara brushes before I buy as usually hate huge brushes. x

fashionismyh2o said...

I'm such a wimp when it comes to mascara but this does look worth the fear! Soap and Glory can do no wrong in my eyes anyway so maybe I should try it out!

Sarah
http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
xx

LilyLipstick said...

I thought I'd only use this once but I've found that I'm reaching for it more and more now that I've got used to it. x

Lucy - Beauty and the Blogger said...

Your lashes look gorgeous here :-)

lola said...

I think I should buy this mascara...x

Emily said...

This make your lashes look really pretty! Great post, i many give this a try :) xx
http://strawberry-picnic.blogspot.com/

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

I like it! Not sure i;d re-buy for £10 though. x hivenn