Thursday, 12 January 2012

Red Coat

I might have mentioned my hatred of winter before. I'm not a huge fan of winter clothes either. I've been wearing the same Zara coat for the last three years because a) I can't be bothered to buy a new one and b) coats are pricey and I'd rather spend my money on actual clothes. My latest sale bargain has changed all that. It may be because it's bright red. It may be the gold buttons. Or it may be that it was reduced to only £30 but whatever the reason I love this coat:

Photobucket

Coat: Dorothy Perkins, Dress: Topshop

Wearing this coat is making these dull January days just that little bit brighter. It's also keeping me nice and warm because shivering will never be in fashion.

What's your favourite winter coat?

18 comments:

City Girls Fashion Box said...

Ohh i love the gold against the red! I do love a statement coat :) xxx

TheOtherSideofCool said...

it is GORGEOUS! So bright and happy and the shape is perfect! xx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

FatToLean said...

winter is not good for me as I am short so everything makes me look butch. cableknit on me... i look like im working the boats fir capn birdseye. red coat is cheery

Kiwi said...

loving the coat, the colour is gorgeous
Kiwi ..x

Mademoiselle Lala said...

Just like Sarah, I love combination of gold and red. It is so stylish! X

mademoiselle-lala.com

Sarah said...

This coat is lovely!
x

Sunny & Star said...

Wow, love your red coat. It is totally adorable. I must get me a bold statement coat soon.

Hannah said...

Such a pretty colour! I hate buying winter coats too xxx

HiFashion said...

I love that coat. It looks gorgeous on you! I have a red coat as well, and I love wearing it to brighten up these cold, dark days.

Ella said...

Your coat is gorgeous and I love the big buttons on it! xx
Ella @ Belle Vintage

Laura said...

That's gorgeous, I love red! I've bought a couple of new coats this year, my fave probably has to be my more casual parka coat with fur trim from Miss Selfridge in the sale, its just so cosy I love it!

celeryandcupcakes.com said...

I have a coat similar ro that but it doesn't have those fab gold buttons.

Pop Champagne said...

the buttons on the coat is just adorable, and such pretty color too!

Sia said...

love this colour on you! x

AngeliqueDama said...

Wow! What a great coat! The color is perfect:D
I'm following you now:)
Hugs and kisses

Harriet said...

I have a red coat this winter too and I love it! It's so nice to have a bright cheery colour rather than the ever practical black or grey numbers I've had for the past few years.

Yours looks gorgeous on you - it's a beautiful colour and shape!

kb said...

that's a lovely coat - I wish I had the confidence to wear red like that! x

I'm running a giveaway on my blog to win an American Apparel clutch or Models Own nail varnishes - please check it out!

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...

visit my blog!!!

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!